Why you should become a member of SIB-Leiden:
- Participation at our activities is not obligatory. Therefore it is easy to combine your membership of the SIB with your study and with your membership at other student associations. But if you have sufficient spare time, we have plenty of activities to keep you busy. This particularly can be an advantagefor first year students, who are just trying to figure out how much time they want to spend studying, and how much time they want to spend at their associations.
- You will make a lot of friends at SIB-Leiden. You can join of our social groups ('disputen') or just enjoy yourself at our weekly drinks at Café de Uyl van Hoogland
- Our student association is unique in Leiden and The Hague. While the social aspect plays a significant role at our association, it is not the only aspect we have to offer. At our association you will have plenty of opportunities to develop your skills. You can improve your organizational skills by becoming a part of one of our committies Japanese Tables Evening. Furthermore, we have regular lectures, debates and other informative activities on a large range of topics.
- We have unique study trips. Every year we organize three study trips, during which we visit a wide range of political institutions, which are usually not easily accessible. For more information, look at Trips.
- The costs for membership are low. If you become a member before the first of September, you will be offered a special trial membership. With this membership you will only pay €15,-for membership until the next the 31st of December of the same year. If you enjoy your membership, you can prolong your membership to a full year by paying an additional €25,-. If you don't enjoy it, than you can just cancel your membership at this point. Thus, the contribution is only €40,- annually.
While the SIB is primarily focused on Dutch students, international students are more than welcome to join us. All our members speak English, and about half of our informative activities are in English. If you are having doubts about becoming a member, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
You can enroll by filling in this form and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also enroll at our office on the first floor of the International House (Kaiserstraat 13, Leiden).